- In the case of group/collaborative research, only one representative (he or she must be a postgraduate student) is allowed to present.
- Timing: Be considerate of other presenters and the delegates by staying within the allotted time. All presentations will be moderated by session chairs. This is essential to ensure adequate time for questions and discussions as well as adherence to the schedule.
- Presentation in absentia is not permitted.
- Only PowerPoint slide can be used during presentation. No additional electronic media (e.g., sound and/or video files) are permitted. Similarly, no props (e.g., costumes, musical instruments, laboratory equipment) are permitted.
- Each oral presentation is considered to have commenced when the presenting student starts his/her presentation through movement or speech.
- All presentations are to be spoken (i.e., no poems, raps or songs).
- Competition will be administered in English.
- The order of presentations will be determined by the committee and will be made known to the presenting students a week before the symposium.
- The committee reserve the right to decide on all other matters not covered on this page.
- Time spent in introduction and greetings should be reduced. Instead, the formation of research purpose or questions, the rationale and contributions of study should be focused and highlighted.
- Give an opening statement to acquaint the delegates with the purpose of the study. Speak slowly and audibly (double check your device). Word choice should be simple: use active words and short sentences. Use Wi-Fi instead of mobile data during presentation.
- Figure and Table are usually more helpful for people to understand but use them wisely due to limited time and space on the slide.
- Avoid using small fonts and illustrate major points or trends, not detailed data.
- Use the minimum number of words possible in titles, subtitles, and captions.
- Only a single static PowerPoint slide is permitted (no slide transitions, animations or movement of any description, and the slide is to remain in view for the duration of the presentation).
- Every presentation is limited to three minutes. Presenter exceeding three minutes will be disqualified from the competition. (Note: However, this does not affect the chance of the manuscript to be considered as a best paper based on written content).
- Time reminders will be signalled twice: 1 minute left, and 20 seconds left.
- Three static PowerPoint slides are permitted (no animations or movement of any description).
- Every presentation is limited to five minutes. Presenter exceeding five minutes will be disqualified from the competition. (Note: However, this does not affect the chance of the manuscript to be considered as a best paper based on written content).
- Time reminders will be signalled twice: 1.5 minutes left, and 30 seconds left.